Yesterday I sat back and didn’t comment — I was busy with other things, including some writing, but it seems to me that something needs to be said about this whole Mark Driscoll flap. And right off, this isn’t about Driscoll, or Pagitt, or Bell, or even Don Carson or the matchstick boys. It’s about criticism. And I hardly know where to begin… but challenges have been issued, and though most of them aren’t directed at me personally, I think I’ve got something to say (alright, I always have something to say, whether or not I should say it). There are times when criticism deserves a response, as do certain kinds of responses to criticism. I said yesterday that I probably had things to say that could get everyone upset with me… and while that’s not my intent, there are things that need saying. And I’m just dumb enough to be the one to say them.
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
- Sometimes I Doodle on 3×5 Cards: #WhenTony
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part III
- Tony Jones & Narrative Control
In Past Years...
- <strike>12</strike> 13 Tension Points in the Emerging Church A dozen tension points, in 13 parts... with 2 apocryphal add-ons. How tense is that? Excellent overview of where traditional and EC differ and where they struggle to see eye to eye.
- EC Critiques (Again)... DA Carson, Al Mohler, Frank Viola
- Bowing at the Altar of Relevance: The Church Has Sold Out
- Everyone is Going to Heaven