On this day in 4977 B.C. the universe was created, according to German mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler, considered a founder of modern science. Kepler’s 17th-century estimate was later estimated by scientists in the 20th century to be off by about 13.7 billion years. So, remember my timeline project? I kept finding online resources dating creation at 4004 BC, until I found BibleDiagrams.com, which has an extensive set of charts — very well done.
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
- Sometimes I Doodle on 3×5 Cards: #WhenTony
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part III
In Past Years...
- The Dangerous Shape of Church to Come
- Rock Stars, Jesus, LIve8, and the G8
- More Post-Charismatic Thoughts
- <strike>12</strike> 13 Tension Points in the Emerging Church A dozen tension points, in 13 parts... with 2 apocryphal add-ons. How tense is that? Excellent overview of where traditional and EC differ and where they struggle to see eye to eye.