Who knew the emerging church was leaking out around Winnipeg? It’s probably that way all over Canada, but it isn’t that well publicized. Resonate is an emerging church group which hopes to be a kind of “umbrella” group for the emerging church in Canada, but it doesn’t really represent all regions very well though it is probably an accurate picture of the emerging church in Saskatoon.
Bearing this in mind, I have begun an attempt to list some examples of the emerging church in Winnipeg, at least as far as I’m aware — if I’ve missed any, by all means, please email me with the details and I’ll update this page. I began this mostly for my own reference, but if it’s helpful to anyone else, let me know that as well.
- St. Benedict’s Table (Anglican)
- Knox United Church; also see Bill Millar’s blog, The Old Bill and The Morph Project
- Soul Sanctuary (PAOC); lead pastor Gerry Michalski blogs at Soul Pastor
- Exchange Community Church; also see their Community Blog
- St. Cat’s is a Navigators-sponsored church at the UofM; this article has more detail.
- Semaphore (Mark Humphries); also see the dormant blog, Incident Report
- Subversive Influence (Brother Maynard’s Blog)
- YWAM Winnipeg and Emergent Voyageurs, the blog of directors Kim & Jamie Arpin-Ricci
- Grey Owl’s Blog
- Geez Magazine, forthcoming mag with kind of an Adbusters meets Jesus flavour
- Basin & Towel, the blog of some missional types I know.
- Manitoba Simple Church (House Church; you may need to try the new blog url)
- Harvest Stone (House Church)
- Vineyard South (House Church)
- Winnipeg Centre Vineyard (“Emerging Generations” with “Traditional” Church Structure/Format)
Blogs & Other:
House Churches & “Semi-Emerging”: