Today begins another Advent season, and marks the start of another year in the liturgical calendar (for the non-Celtic, anyway). Advent for me always seems to be a time of refocusing, of regaining my center. This can be facilitated in a variety of ways, but becoming a little more intentional about some of the habits and practices of the faith is one of the best ways to go about this, but simply being more mindful is a great first step as well. There are a lot of great Advent resources online, including my 2007 Advent Series, which includes not only my posts, but links to all the posts in a Synchroblog I organized that year with eighteen other bloggers. On the summary page, I’ve also listed a number of other related posts and resources collected at that time. That was the year I wrote and release my first book, That You Might Believe: Praying Advent with the Gospel of John. Continually though, one of the best sources of online Advent materials is Christine Sine, who recently posted about Celebrating Advent with Kids, Daily Bible Readings For Advent, and has now posted her annual Advent video, The Coming Of the Lord is Near.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...