I was hitting the “randomizer” looking for a random photo at stock.xchng and I found this one — it’s called “steph outside shoot 3”. I had to wonder, should she really be outside? She doesn’t look well. And some photographer dragged her outdoors three times? Poor girl. Ah, well. Now some humour with attribution.
- “I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don’t know what to feed it.” — Steven Wright
- “I was a vegetarian until I started leaning towards sunlight.” — Rita Rudner
- “I worry that the person who thought up Muzak may be thinking up something else.” — Lily Tomlin
- “Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?” — John Mendoza
- “I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.” — Elayne Boosler
- “When I was a kid, I had two friends, and they were imaginary and they would only play with each other.” — Rita Rudner
- “Now they show you how detergents take out bloodstains, a pretty violent image there. I think if you’ve got a T-shirt with a bloodstain all over it, maybe laundry isn’t your biggest problem. Maybe you should get rid of the body before you do the wash.” — Jerry Seinfeld
- “Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I’m halfway through my fishburger and I realize, Oh my God….I could be eating a slow learner.” — Lynda Montgomery
- The problem with the designated driver program, it’s not a desirable job. But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house. — Jeff Foxworthy
- “Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that’s how dogs spend their lives.” — Sue Murphy
And on to the weekly linkage, random and otherwise.
- Historical Bible pages put online — Codex Sinaiticus
- Since March, Internet Explorer Lost 11.4 Percent Share To Firefox, Safari, And Chrome — finally, people are getting it. IE sucks.
- Cheap Trick brings back the 8-track — new album will include release on defunct format
- Julie Clawson reviews the movie “Food, Inc.”
- Really appreciating a on an insult to David by Jamie Howison
- Warning to Emergents: better be clear about those tatoos
- The Book Seer
- Heinz creates world’s smallest microwave (and you can plug it into your laptop)
- The Stories Behind 10 T.V. Theme Songs
- The latest Nooma video from Rob Bell, Whirlwind, is available for online viewing for a limited time (via Bill Reichert)
- Christine Sine has a good series on spiritual practices running
- Happy 500th birthday, John Calvin
- And a recommendation on Tyndale’s new 4Gospels.com website.