Who is the real
Clearly I need to make special mention of the fact that this is my 99th Random Acts of Linkage post, and what better way than to feature Special Agent 99 at the outset? But which one? Ginger or Maryanne? Jennifer or Bailey? Barbara or Anne? Oh, the dilemmas of web publishing. Vote in the comments as you hum the tune to “99” by Toto.
So why did the chicken roll in the dirt, crawl across the road, roll in the dirt, and crawl back? He was a low-down dirty double-crosser.
….and some random linkage, per our usual custom.
- The Bad Vicar
- John La Grou gives a TED Talk
- Bob Hyatt on the atonement: What does it matter WHY Jesus died? — responding to Mike Morrell on the atonement
- New Todd Hunter site
- Michael Lee called this “all kinds of awesome” — I think the video for Her Morning Elegance is inspired, just for the simple concept.
- I know who was behind Bobby Kennedy’s murder, by his actor friend Robert Vaughn — and he names names. (HT: Jordon Cooper)
- Drew Goodmanson on Eldering in a Decentralized Movement
- Jonny Baker Worship Trick No. 1 Million
- Tim Keel recommends a few resources on prayer
- I love Jesus But…. (funny)
- Attention ST:TNG fans… when LaVar Burton gets Brent Spiner on Twitter, apparently that’s news.
- Now I’m not much of a chef, but when I see a recipe for chocolate whiskey and beer cupcakes, I figure that’s genuinely noteworthy. If you aren’t up to that much effort, the beginning has a recipe for an “Irish car bomb” that sounds interesting.
- Kevin Kelly on Amish Hackers
- Good quote from Tim Keller
- So last month, the IOC banned a charity from the Olympic Games. I guess they don’t want the “wrong kind” of people getting inspired for so-called amateur sport.
- Hamo rants well about those revival-predictors: “Revival as I hear it depicted takes the responsibility off us to be salt and light. Its as if the people pray and send God out on mission, and then complain when he doesn’t get the job done.” And a bit further on, “We really have to stop this nonsense talk about taking the world for Christ when most of us don’t even know our own next door neighbours. And we need to stop expecting God to do what we are too lazy or afraid to do ourselves.” Worth reading.
- If the foregoing piece gets you thinking along a certain line, Barb’s post on Post-Charismatic Evangelism might be the follow-up you’re looking for.
Alright, well, let’s wrap it up with one of those faux psychological tests, shall we?
|You Are the Innovator|
You’re the type of person who is always a step ahead of everyone else. You thrive when you’re experimenting with new designs, ideas, and attitudes.
You are a creative person with many talents. You have to have artistic outlets in your life. You need to create — whether it’s writing furiously or redecorating your home. If not, your life becomes chaotic.
You tire of doing the same thing every day. You change your job, friends, and personal style often. You are at your best when you have a focus. If not, you develop a flaky artist’s temperament.
Methinks I need to protest the “flaky artist” characterization though.
Oh — and happy Valentine’s Day! I almost forgot. And for the rest of you who forgot, you’d better go and produce the chocolate-coated goods, quick!