The image is just to make you hungry — it worked on me. (I’ll explain the other reason at the end.) In the meantime, here’s some “HDT”, or “Humour Distraction Therapy.” Minus good humour of course, as usual ;^)
* What do you call a judge with no thumbs?
* Justice Fingers.
* What do clouds wear under their clothes?
* What’s an archeologist?
* Someone whose career is in ruins.
* What does a cat sleep on?
* A caterpillow.
* What does a king do when he burps?
* He issues a royal pardon.
* Where did the little king keep his armies?
* Up his sleevies!
* What do you have on your patio that is Irish?
* Paddy O’Furniture
* What do you get when you cross a rabbit and a spider?
* A hairnet.
* What did one frog say to the other?
* Time sure if fun when you’re having flies.
* Why is a bad joke like a dull pencil?
* Because it has no point.
* What do you feed an invisible cat?
* Evaporated milk.
* Where do baby cows eat?
* The calf-eteria.
* What did the evil chicken lay?
* Deviled eggs.
* What do you call a cow with no legs?
* Ground beef.
* How do you get a Kleenex to dance?
* Put a little Boogie in it.
Yeah, well…. –ahem!– on with the linkage then, shall we?
- NYT: 100 Notable Books of 2008 & The 10 Best Books of 2008
- 19-year-old Commits Suicide on Justin.tv
- The Inigo Montoya Guide to 27 Commonly Misused Words — cover off some of the pet peeves that several of us linguistic pickers of nits cringe upon hearing.
- Lots of megachurch vs. missional discussion in the last week or so — I liked what Bill said, but Darryl Dash sasy Bill Kinnon gets it half right
- So Long, Sola?
- Absolutely Stunning: Hubble Space Telescope Advent Calendar 2008 via iMonk.
- This is where I live — wonder if I made the cut? Weirdos of Winnipeg
- It Died: “A compendium of what services and companies are no longer available for our Internet pleasure and use.”
- This would be a rather rude intrusion: 3 reported killed after military airplane crashes into house
- Audio: Newbigin on Christ: unique and universal
- Frank Viola: Billy Graham’s Prophecy — a couple of interesting Billy Graham quotes, one possibly apocryphal?
- Top 10 Viral Videos — year-end, time for such review posts
- J. Lee Grady: 20/20 Hindsight: What I Hope We Learned From the Lakeland Revival
- HOW TO: Use Google Reader Like A Rockstar — Rockstars use Google Reader? Rockstars can read?
- Mike Morell on house-churching
Still behind on my reading this week… Google Reader reports over 1,000 items in more than one of the subfolders I have set up. Yikes! I still had time to discover this, though: