Sometimes you awake in the morning with the strangest things running through your brain. This morning was one of those sometimeses, as of all things, I had a recipe for Brother Maynard running around in my head looking for a way out.
- ½c. sarcasm
- 2 Tbsp witticism (tempered with wry, dry & droll)
- 2c. cynicism
- 2½c. flour
- 1 tsp pinch of salt
- ¼c. baking powder
- 1 tbsp Tobasco sauce
- ½ tsp. bitters (may substitute lemon or lime)
- 4c. confusion
- Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add Tobasco and bitters, stir lightly
- Add confusion in stages, stirring as you go, making sure it permeates the whole. Beat thoroughly.
- When confusion is thoroughly mixed in and the mixture is adequately whipped to a frenzy, cover and set aside in a warm dark place for 18-24 hours
- Place batter in a single lump on a large cookie sheet and bake on low heat for 6-9 hours
- Remove and let cool when the lump is sufficiently hard, crusty, and well-browned
Serves none. Place in front of your computer monitor or use as doorstop. Optionally, split with an axe and use as bookends.
So, what makes up you — or your blog?