Why was the opera singer arrested? He’d gotten himself into some treble.
What’s the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish wake? One less drunk.
Did you hear about the shoe factory that burnt down? Two hundred soles perished.
Why did the mirror have 6 holes in it? A blonde tried to shoot herself.
- I don’t imagine Scot McKnight as a dangley-earring kind of guy, but I imagine it’d take a very special pair of earrings to change that picture.
- The Sunday Driven Church is a drain, if you ask me.
- I doubt you’ll ever see this ‘Dancing with the Stars’ couple.
- An Introvert’s Lexicon — it’s supposed to be humorous, but I think it’s actually quite instructive, especially for extroverts.
- Ryan Bolger is also reading Seth Godin’s Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us. Elsewhere, Hugh MacLeod plays “Ten Questions” with Seth.
- A Bob Dylan Mass? You betcha. A few weeks back, Mike Koop told me he’d had this idea, and we decided it’d have to be better than the “U2charist.” If you’re in the area, it’ll be taking place at St. Ben’s on November 9th.
- I was appalled when my daughter brought home a letter from the grade two teachers announcing a project that the “grade two’s” would be working on. I circled the occurrences and marked them wrong… I can’t stand misplaced apostrophes… should I join the Apostrophe Protection Society?
- Scot McKnight’s Jesus Creed is moving to beliefnet — thankfully, Scot says no changes to content (or the url).
- “How sad, that people would come desiring to worship God along with His people, only to leave feeling like what they just experienced wasn’t even worship!” — Desert Pastor rants about worship. The kind we used to call, back in our almost-exiting days, “Worship Train.”
- Bob Roberts has some good churchplanting perspectives
- Methodism founder Charles Wesley’s secret code diary cracked by priest
This morning I made blueberry pancakes with the assistance of my 7-year-old daughter. I taught her to flick water on the grille to tell when it’s hot enough. “Cool!” Tomorrow afternoon we’re having faspa. You pretty much have to be a Mennonite to get that, but I wondered how many would….
It’s been a busy week, so this is where I’m abbreviating for now. Tune in next week….
Now I’m thinking about it. An earring with a dangling nib from a classic Pelikan or Mont Blanc pen … that’s worth thinking about. 8)
(Mennonite speaking here.) Be careful with being too outwardly deliberate about faspa: that almost turns it into a regular meal of coldcuts and buns. It needs to appear that it accidentally came to pass, despite the common fixings having been humbly prepared to astound.
I did not postulate that comment above. I’ve lived with it all my life.
What the heck? Bro, your comment machine changes the verb with every post!!! Yikes! At first I postulated comment 3., now it’s “thought for a moment”. I didn’t do that either. I expect that it will change again as it hit submit. This is concerning! I need control. As a Mennonite, I “humbly submit”. :)
Fun, isn’t it? It’s random, so it changes with each page load. ;^)
I don’t think the liturgy is being rewritten entirely, just having the music portions filled out with Dylan. Will post again on which ones were used.