Some people enjoy black humour, or gallows humour as it’s sometimes called, or anything to take their mind off a crisis. Such is the logic, I suppose, of collecting jokes about Wall Street.
Ah, here’s one. Penguin walks into a bar, says to the bartender, “Hey! Did my brother come in here yet?” Bartender replies, “I don’t know — what’s he look like?”
I didn’t know what other jokes to put up today, so I asked my daughter for one. She asked me, “What do you say to a two-headed monster?” “I don’t know,” I say. She replies, “Hello. Hello.”
When you finish groaning, you can move on to the linkage of the day.
- More Cowbell: finally, an easy online way to add more cowbell to any MP3.
- I don’t think I’d call him a hero like Brant Hansen did, but he’s certainly accomplished quite a feat of Lego
- Rickard is grappling with pacifism… should it go as far as dinner with Ahmadinejad?
- Jonny Baker gets inspired by Clay Shirkey
- Dan Edelen tells a story.
- BBC Reports, Archaeologists have pinpointed the construction of Stonehenge to 2300BC – a key step to discovering how and why the mysterious edifice was built.
- This is inspiring, in a political kinda way, if you’ve got a certain stripe, but it made me want to pull my CD of Les Miserables Original London Cast from the shelf.
- Roger Ebert on what you can tell from political candidates’ favorite movies
- Holy Catchphrase, Batman: 16 Famous Catchphrases in TV History
- The idea of a spiritual rescue parade, via Barb
- The Art of Resisting Irrational Behavior: Kawasaki interviews Brafmann, author of Sway: The Irresistible Pull of Irrational Behavior.
- Amusing church sign
- This is an interesting question… should, or does, the presence of the innocent save the guilty?
- The Big Table — jest aside, tables really do change the dynamics of a gathering, and for the better; tables foster intimacy. I recall moving a small group gathering from the living room to the dining room one time, which facilitated one of the better discussion times that the group had experienced.
- Slides from TSK’s Keynote at Blog World Expo; I want to get invited to speak at one of these things…
- Jonny Baker posted a worship trick that I found striking, so I’m planning to use part of it (the tiles) this evening with our small band in conjunction with our own celebration of the eucharist.
- GodTV responds to the Lakeland thing; it was hard to get all the way though this statement that the Lord “released them” to write. In their view, the blame goes to the critics in the church, the covens and Satanists and to the Evil One himself. Ummm, okay…
Oh, and according to PirateQuiz.com, my Pirate name is Iron John Flint — it says, “A pirate’s life isn’t easy; it takes a tough person. That’s okay with you, though, since you a tough person. Like the rock flint, you’re hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you’re easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!” Just don’t call me “Sparky.”