Tomorrow is Shrove Tuesday, and it generally falls to me each year to spread the word about the Pancake Turtle, who visits good little boys and girls each year on Shrove Tuesday with heaping stacks of fresh hot pancakes piled high on his back. I explained Pancake Day in more detail last year, and the Pancake Turtle’s part therein. As the day of course marks the last one before the season of Lent begins, here’s a batch of Lent resources:
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- How to be Salt and Light
- Why people leave the Church From my present vantage point, the ten myths about church leavers are just that, myths that I can finally begin to understand.
- On Gay Marriage in Canada
- CT: The Emergent Mystique CT covers the emerging church
- The Cluetrain and the Evolution of a Movement Sometimes you need to jump from a movement and escape to the Cluetrain.