Robbymac strikes again, tagging me with another meme. So—
1) Whatâ€™s the most fun work youâ€™ve ever done, and why? (two sentences max)
Event coordination; I tend to enjoy project-oriented work, and a big event always leaves a sense of accomplishment at a successful conclusion.
2) Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (one sentence max)
Either cycling or snowshoeing. No, more likely I should say black-and-white photography, from shutter to darkroom print.
3) Name one thing youâ€™ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (one sentence max)
Travel. PhD. Write. Career in philanthropy. I was supposed to stop at just one, wasn’t I?
4) What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (two sentences max)
Downhill skiing… looks like fun. I tried it once, in Saskatchewan, and I met a nice girl from Switzerland on the chair lift — true story! What else… something artistic, like sketching with charcoal pencils; I like having a creative outlet. I toyed with this while I was in school, way back when… I was encouraged by but never 100% happy with the final output.
5) If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (two more sentences, max)
Uuuhhmmm, Jesus. If you rule him out, I’d go with the apostle John to learn patience, love, and insightful reflection.
6) What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
Intelligent and loyal (I asked my wife). I think ‘cerebral’ might be closer, not so much in a good way. And, uh, particular, which is the euphemism people might use for my OCD tendencies.
7) Now list two more words you wish described youâ€¦
8) What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causesâ€“ three sentences max)
Learning (reading, study), building community, friendship.
9) Writeâ€“and answerâ€“one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max)
What is the most important thing that life has taught you?
Don’t count on tomorrow, it offers no guarantees… so make the most of today.
Now, the beauty of these memes is getting to inflict them upon others. I had trouble with some of these ones, so I should be cautious in naming… Jamie, Cindy Bryan, John Smulo, Sonja, and…. a draft pick to be named later.