Len’s got a good post on what it means for elders to “rule.” I (like many others) have had some bad experience around the whole question of authoritarian church leaders… and for a number of years, I was one of ’em. I’ve come to a much different understanding of how leadership and “authority” are to work in a church context — Len’s post considers a number of New Testament texts and the meaning of the associated Greek words.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...