Jazz Theologian is doing a series on “The Original Christmas Carols”, and today’s installment is on The Magnificat in Jazz, which fashions Mary as a Jazz singer: “With the poise of a Billy Holiday, the prophetic pain of a Nina Simone and the voice of Sara Vaughn I hear her bringing forth her song.” Hey, it sounds plausible to me.
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
- Sometimes I Doodle on 3×5 Cards: #WhenTony
In Past Years...