In his book The Great Good Place, Ray Oldenburg talks about the “Third Place” which forms a point of contact and relationship within a community. You can find more about Oldenburg and his thesis at the Project for Public Spaces, but the Blind Beggar has recently written a very good post on the subject. How does one get this kind of thing started? Well, that’s the big question. Several of the people in the little group I’m a part of has had a few conversations along these lines, and I’ve had a few myself with Jamie Arpin-Ricci, who is getting started on this himself… you can follow his progress and even pitch in a litte on the project.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- <em>Blognito ergo sum</em> 'First Post' for subversive influence. Q:Why? A: ...
- Here beginneth the journey What to do when you don't know where you are and don't have a map.
- God speaks in threads When you complete the task of gathering the threads of how God speaks to you and weave them all together, you end up with a lifeline.