Len Hjalmarson has some thoughts on Good to Great, which I mentioned recently. Collins identifies a certain type of successful CEO which exhibits what he calls “Level 5 Leadership.” Len links to a Fast Company article from 2001 which provides a good overview of Collins’ book, which includes a section on how change occurs. I find not only Collins’ thinking on effective leadership to be of note, but also his outline of how change occurs. Slowly, gradually, gaining momentum… until the tipping point (not his phrase, I’m mixing metaphors again). I think this perspective is instructive for the missional church, on both counts.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...