Michael Internet Monk Spencer unfolds a good tale in “The Coffeehouse: A Story.” I didn’t like the ending. As realistically as this story unfolds, by the end it just makes me sad. There are some good alternate endings in the comments though… which I point out not to diminish the story as it stands. It certainly highlights an issue that could stand some further discussion — particularly perhaps in the context where the story is set. Hit the foregoing link and read all about the dreams of Skip the Youth Pastor.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- Missional DNA... Describing Foundational Missional Concepts Good discussion going on concerning some foundational concepts for missional church, including hte place and function of the fivefold ministries (APEPT) in missional churches. To summarise the conversation....
- I'm getting a little tired...
- Communion as a Culinary Art
- Movement spurns the megachurch model
- Recap and Update: Forge and Emergent