Jim Margin has a good post from several weeks ago, Don’t Try Too Hard. Any difficulty I have in relating to this is due to the fact I don’t remember the last haircut I had that I paid for in a barber shop. Jim relates his experience though, along with some excellent thoughts on being normal — even for pastors. His version of it is on-point for a missional lifestyle, and tracks well with my mantra, “Live your faith. Share your life.” Yeah. Be normal.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- Documentaries on Church Life
- "Burn your bridges"
- Advent: We All Heard It
- Doing Couch Church
- More on the network structure for the church The fact that God can speak the same message to different people that have had no prior contact on the subject and who can then connect those threads just serves to underscore the primary point about the value of this type of network structure.