Scot McKnight offers a wonderful tribute to NT Scholar Leon Morris, who died the other day in Melbourne at the age of 92. Justin Taylor posted on this as well. Anyone who isn’t familiar with Leon Morris might check the Wikipedia entry on him. Not only has he authored numerous books (more than 50), Ridley College Library is named after him. I read most of what he wrote on John’s Gospel, which holds a special place in my heart, as well as, according to his full obituary, in his heart as well. Our loss is Heaven’s gain, and his passing marks the conclusion of a life to be celebrated as well as the beginning, for him, of the celebration.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- Why people leave the Church From my present vantage point, the ten myths about church leavers are just that, myths that I can finally begin to understand.
- On Gay Marriage in Canada
- CT: The Emergent Mystique CT covers the emerging church
- The Cluetrain and the Evolution of a Movement Sometimes you need to jump from a movement and escape to the Cluetrain.
- The Emergent matrix: A new kind of church?