Scot McKnight offers a wonderful tribute to NT Scholar Leon Morris, who died the other day in Melbourne at the age of 92. Justin Taylor posted on this as well. Anyone who isn’t familiar with Leon Morris might check the Wikipedia entry on him. Not only has he authored numerous books (more than 50), Ridley College Library is named after him. I read most of what he wrote on John’s Gospel, which holds a special place in my heart, as well as, according to his full obituary, in his heart as well. Our loss is Heaven’s gain, and his passing marks the conclusion of a life to be celebrated as well as the beginning, for him, of the celebration.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- Advent: We All Heard It
- Doing Couch Church
- More on the network structure for the church The fact that God can speak the same message to different people that have had no prior contact on the subject and who can then connect those threads just serves to underscore the primary point about the value of this type of network structure.
- Theology comes to the people