Good article on a megachurch pastor breaking with conservative politics (HT: Will Samson; the article link is a NYT article, use Bugmenot for a login). This is the stuff I love to see, and still a bit too rare I think. I still have a jaded view of megachurches generally, but stuff like this give me hope. I say that losing 1,000 people (20% of his congregation) is a good thing in this case. I’d venture to say that this 20% weren’t his followers anyway. Good on him.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...