Ben Sternke has a good post on Church 2.0: Emergence / chaos theory which is a good reminder of what “emergence” means and by extension, why it’s a good term for the church. Much more organic than Church 2.0, as terms go. Conceptually, mash ’em all up, and let Ben summarize them. One of the very first notions I had that something was wrong with “old” church was in this whole area of structure, and I wondered why the church wasn’t built more like the way the Internet was built. One of the formative ideas for me in this regard is covered in an older article, “The Beauty of Broken Systems: An Appeal for a Measure of Anarchy in the Church”
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- I Hate IE
- Study on the American Emerging Church Released
- Missional DNA... Describing Foundational Missional Concepts Good discussion going on concerning some foundational concepts for missional church, including hte place and function of the fivefold ministries (APEPT) in missional churches. To summarise the conversation....
- I'm getting a little tired...