Seems there’s a bit of a tizz lately about the word evangelical. UK-based Christianity Magazine ran in the May 06 issue an editorial by John Buckeridge (HT: Jonny Baker) indicates that over 40% of people who identify as evangelicals don’t admit that they’re evangelical. Andrew Jones wonders if it’s Time to Change the Word but admits some fondness for nostalgia even in his vocabulary. In general I’m with the nostalgic bent, but I’m already on record as being post-evangelical. Sounds like Randy McRoberts is convinced as well. Mark over at The Shiverian covers the options for “after evangelical terms”
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...