This is just sad… from CNET: Is Jesus the next killer app? (HT: Kevin Cawley). The article talks about obscene amounts of money on technology for large screens to play video clips and otherwise enhance the whole religious experience. Or something like that. All the electronics manufacturers are targeting churches now — seems to be a big market for them, and from the churches’ perspective, well, as the article puts it, “This kind of spending attracts disciples.” Uh, yeah. Maybe it’s good for attracting the likes of Hank Hill… seems he recently went shopping for a new church, and landed up in a megachurch. You can see the video of the whole thing (HT: Bob Hyatt).
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- How to be Salt and Light
- Why people leave the Church From my present vantage point, the ten myths about church leavers are just that, myths that I can finally begin to understand.
- On Gay Marriage in Canada
- CT: The Emergent Mystique CT covers the emerging church
- The Cluetrain and the Evolution of a Movement Sometimes you need to jump from a movement and escape to the Cluetrain.