This is just sad… from CNET: Is Jesus the next killer app? (HT: Kevin Cawley). The article talks about obscene amounts of money on technology for large screens to play video clips and otherwise enhance the whole religious experience. Or something like that. All the electronics manufacturers are targeting churches now — seems to be a big market for them, and from the churches’ perspective, well, as the article puts it, “This kind of spending attracts disciples.” Uh, yeah. Maybe it’s good for attracting the likes of Hank Hill… seems he recently went shopping for a new church, and landed up in a megachurch. You can see the video of the whole thing (HT: Bob Hyatt).
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- Luther ...no matter how few people resonate with your voice, a lack of resonance doesn't make you wrong.
- Sunday Morning Again. How can I love Jesus and feel this way about his church?
- The Beauty of Broken Systems The church, like the World-Wide-Web, will always be a little bit broken. Relax. they're both supposed to be that way.