Chris Monroe at Paradoxology reviews Brian McLaren’s The Secret Message of Jesus. I’m not sure I agree that McLaren’s critics will be backpedaling – I haven’t read this latest book, but I do have an idea of how critical some of the critics are — and these are not the backpedaling type. Nonetheless, I was intrigued to note the George Ladd association (or echos, perhaps) that Chris sees in this book. I should like it, I think… when teaching I used to use an object lesson to make the point: I had a pair of reading glasses with “Already” stenciled on the left lens and “Not Yet” stenciled on the right one.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...