There’s an interresting call for a ‘UN of religions’ in the news today. As I was listening to this story on the local radio station I was taking note of the absence of Christian pastors in the phrase “International Congress of Imams and Rabbis for Peace”. Hmmm. At first I thought it was a little sad, and Christians should support this kind of thing. Of course, you don’t have to think too long about the whole thing before you realize that the main thrust of the christian response to this proposal is likely to be a spike in the sale of Tim LaHaye’s Left Behind books (go on, click to buy, you know you want to). Uhhm, yeah, speaking of things I’d like to leave behind….
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- CT: The Emergent Mystique CT covers the emerging church
- The Cluetrain and the Evolution of a Movement Sometimes you need to jump from a movement and escape to the Cluetrain.
- The Emergent matrix: A new kind of church?
- Regarding Spiritual Abuse
- Desperately Seeking Detox Say "No" to churchcrud: this is what has me desperately seeking detox.