Paul Fromont recently published Way-markers on my Journey toward a missional understanding of church and church planting, a select bibliography for readings on missional church, inspired in part by similar lists published the week earlier by Andrew (TSK) Jones and in May by Kevin Cawley. Some great stuff in these lists. Paul’s is the most comprehensive, with Kevin’s next in line — Andrew’s list is quite different, listing only five books: one from each of 5 countries, noting an absence for Canadian books, which is still bothersome to me. Possible contenders might include Paul Vieira’s forthcoming Jesus Has Left the Building or Mark Humphries’ A Bridge Between Two Worlds. I’m sure I’m missing a Canadian possibility or two here, and would welcome further input. There admittedly isn’t a lot out there…. perhaps I’ll have to resolve this by writing one myself, or maybe co-authoring one with Rob McAlpine. Hmmm…..
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- Luther ...no matter how few people resonate with your voice, a lack of resonance doesn't make you wrong.
- Sunday Morning Again. How can I love Jesus and feel this way about his church?
- The Beauty of Broken Systems The church, like the World-Wide-Web, will always be a little bit broken. Relax. they're both supposed to be that way.