Brian Orme takes a stab at contrasting the old way of spiritual formation with the new way. He describes the old way / new way reasonably well, though I didn’t quite follow the diagram of the emerging manner of spiritual formation. Still, this is a good look at one of the major ways in which the church that is emerging differes from the traditional established church. Insightful, this is the stuff that people need to be looking at when they think that at the heart it’s a couches-and-candles thing.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...