Scot McKnight is tackling “the question” in a series of posts… some good stuff in there. First off was What is the Emerging Church? which considers some terms plus the Wikipedia definition; today’s post is What is the Emerging Church? Postmodernity which covers one of the hottest issues in the discussion (or debate, if there is one). The one that really caught my attention though was yesterday’s What is the Emerging Church? Protest which says, “Whatever the Emerging Movement is, it is clearly a protest movement.” Scot then goes on to list ten things we are protesting… which is deeply interesting. I’m digesting the list to see if there might be other things I would say I’m protesting… but he’s actually got a pretty comprehensive list; a recommended read for sure.
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
- Sometimes I Doodle on 3×5 Cards: #WhenTony
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part III
- Tony Jones & Narrative Control
In Past Years...
- Rock Stars, Jesus, LIve8, and the G8
- More Post-Charismatic Thoughts
- <strike>12</strike> 13 Tension Points in the Emerging Church A dozen tension points, in 13 parts... with 2 apocryphal add-ons. How tense is that? Excellent overview of where traditional and EC differ and where they struggle to see eye to eye.
- EC Critiques (Again)... DA Carson, Al Mohler, Frank Viola