Scot McKnight is tackling “the question” in a series of posts… some good stuff in there. First off was What is the Emerging Church? which considers some terms plus the Wikipedia definition; today’s post is What is the Emerging Church? Postmodernity which covers one of the hottest issues in the discussion (or debate, if there is one). The one that really caught my attention though was yesterday’s What is the Emerging Church? Protest which says, “Whatever the Emerging Movement is, it is clearly a protest movement.” Scot then goes on to list ten things we are protesting… which is deeply interesting. I’m digesting the list to see if there might be other things I would say I’m protesting… but he’s actually got a pretty comprehensive list; a recommended read for sure.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- Documentaries on Church Life
- "Burn your bridges"
- Advent: We All Heard It
- Doing Couch Church
- More on the network structure for the church The fact that God can speak the same message to different people that have had no prior contact on the subject and who can then connect those threads just serves to underscore the primary point about the value of this type of network structure.