Scot McKnight is tackling “the question” in a series of posts… some good stuff in there. First off was What is the Emerging Church? which considers some terms plus the Wikipedia definition; today’s post is What is the Emerging Church? Postmodernity which covers one of the hottest issues in the discussion (or debate, if there is one). The one that really caught my attention though was yesterday’s What is the Emerging Church? Protest which says, “Whatever the Emerging Movement is, it is clearly a protest movement.” Scot then goes on to list ten things we are protesting… which is deeply interesting. I’m digesting the list to see if there might be other things I would say I’m protesting… but he’s actually got a pretty comprehensive list; a recommended read for sure.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- Luther ...no matter how few people resonate with your voice, a lack of resonance doesn't make you wrong.
- Sunday Morning Again. How can I love Jesus and feel this way about his church?
- The Beauty of Broken Systems The church, like the World-Wide-Web, will always be a little bit broken. Relax. they're both supposed to be that way.