Emerging Churches are those:
1. who take the life of Jesus as a model way to live, and
2. who transform the secular realm,
3. as they live highly communal lives.
Because of these three activities, emerging churches
4. welcome those who are outside,
5. share generously,
8. lead without control, and
9. function together in spiritual activities.
Boiling it down to one sentence: Emerging Churches are communities who practice the way of Jesus within postmodern cultures.
Not a bad definition, I could sign up for what this is all about.