Mark Van S has an excellent post at OrganicChurch.net discussing a challenge to church leaders in trying not to lead heirarchically while also not becomming laissez faire. He concludes, “we need to think of church leadership in dynamic, developmental ways. This means that we cannot have a single model for leadership, nor should leadership always look the same in the life of the church. The role of various leaders in the church will shift depending upon context, stage of development, and general healthiness of the church.” (Emphasis added.) Read the full post to consider what leads up to this conclusion, then let it sink in a bit.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...