Post title is ripped from this recent post at signposts because, well, it’s catchy… and the subject of the role of women (or chicks) is a touchy one. Except in emerging churches, where it seems to be less of a non-issue, in the “what’s the big deal” vein. otoh, that doesn’t mean we’re seeing many women in leadership, even in emerging churches. Hit the link for 5 hypotheses or contributing factors to why EC doesn’t have more “leader-chicks.” Once you’re through that, you might peruse “Womenâ€™s Service in the Church: The Biblical Basis” by N.T. Wright (HT: Sivin Kit).
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...