Post title is ripped from this recent post at signposts because, well, it’s catchy… and the subject of the role of women (or chicks) is a touchy one. Except in emerging churches, where it seems to be less of a non-issue, in the “what’s the big deal” vein. otoh, that doesn’t mean we’re seeing many women in leadership, even in emerging churches. Hit the link for 5 hypotheses or contributing factors to why EC doesn’t have more “leader-chicks.” Once you’re through that, you might peruse “Womenâ€™s Service in the Church: The Biblical Basis” by N.T. Wright (HT: Sivin Kit).
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- I Hate IE
- Study on the American Emerging Church Released
- Missional DNA... Describing Foundational Missional Concepts Good discussion going on concerning some foundational concepts for missional church, including hte place and function of the fivefold ministries (APEPT) in missional churches. To summarise the conversation....
- I'm getting a little tired...