We’ve had to explain to our girls while they were young that there are two kinds of teasing. One kind is bad, and the other kind is what we do to them. Or something like that. Anyway, when they’re young they like to be tickled, to giggle a lot. Weird, but it seems to do them good somehow. So with our youngest, I read her a book about teasing the other day, and she pieced it together that something didn’t quite jive with it being wrong to tease people, yet somehow it’s okay when I tease her, and I tell her I’m teasing her…. so we talked a little bit about there being two different kinds of teasing, and how daddies like to tease their daughters. (I tell sometimes them it’s a daddy’s job to tease his daughters.) “Why?” she asked. And then I just blurted it out, in a flash of insight. “Because it tickles your soul,” I said. A little while later, I teased her about something at the dinner table… she laughed, and said, “Daddy, that really tickles my soul!” Big grin. Hmmm. Mine too.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- More on the network structure for the church The fact that God can speak the same message to different people that have had no prior contact on the subject and who can then connect those threads just serves to underscore the primary point about the value of this type of network structure.
- Theology comes to the people
- Theology of Coffee
- "Is that Jesus?"