Opposite Day bravery: or on “opposite day” would you call it cowardice? this article at House2House tells of a church in the middle of megachurchland that decides to buck the trend and convert from a traditional structure to a house church format. No, not a small group ministry, but a bona fide house church network. This seems a pretty brave undertaking, a prime example of backward thinking… which is just about right in an upside-down kingdom where the greatest is a servant to all, the first will be last, the last first, and the meek will inherit the earth. You know that these folks are singing from a different hymnal, but I really dig the tune. Before we left there, I suggested that our prior church move in this direction… and I had that feeling of a roomful of people staring at me like I had six heads. See? I’m not nuts after all! (A hearty Hat-Tip on this one to House Church Blog.)
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...