Alan Roxburgh’s book, Crossing the Bridge: Church Leadership in a Time of Change, is available online in pdf format (HT: Kevin Cawley). I wasn’t familiar with this book, but after reading the first chapter, I want to keep plowing ahead… at under 200 pages, it’s not a drawn-out read. So far it confirms what we feel in our bones, that there have been deep changes going on all around us, in every facet of life, and we didn’t get the memo until it was all quite well underway. In many ways it comes down to something I’ve basically said elsewhere before… things were fine, then there was the 60’s, and since then nothing’s been the same.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- Luther ...no matter how few people resonate with your voice, a lack of resonance doesn't make you wrong.
- Sunday Morning Again. How can I love Jesus and feel this way about his church?
- The Beauty of Broken Systems The church, like the World-Wide-Web, will always be a little bit broken. Relax. they're both supposed to be that way.