So I was reading Leonard Sweet’s Out of the Question… Into the Mystery yesterday, and found his definition of sin on p.145 to be very apt and rather profound. Sin is a crime against relationship. The odd thing is that I don’t need to quote it for you because after I read it, I read Bob Robinson’s blog and found it rather familiar… but his comments on the subject are more extensive than mine… some thought-provoking stuff for those who were discussing it here a couple of weeks ago, and elsewhere. istm I’ve noticed this more in the few weeks since EC was criticized for not talking about sin. But like I said before, we don’t just talk about it….
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
- Sometimes I Doodle on 3×5 Cards: #WhenTony
In Past Years...