Mike DeVries has a couple of interesting posts on a subject I’ve been considering off and for the past couple of weeks. Readings on the Sabbath and Shabbat Shalom both consider the concept of sabbath and of “rest”. These are significant not only in the course of bringing more balance into one’s life, but also in considering the rest yet to come for the people of God. As Hebrews 3:7-4:11 tells us, there is a “rest” we have yet to enter, something far beyond a Sunday afternoon nap on the couch… something for which when you read the passage, your soul yearns.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- How to be Salt and Light
- Why people leave the Church From my present vantage point, the ten myths about church leavers are just that, myths that I can finally begin to understand.
- On Gay Marriage in Canada
- CT: The Emergent Mystique CT covers the emerging church
- The Cluetrain and the Evolution of a Movement Sometimes you need to jump from a movement and escape to the Cluetrain.