The following is excerpted from an article I wrote in November 1997 to illustrate how a prophetic word often means far more to the person or people who recieve it than to those who overhear, because like an iceberg that is only 1/9th visible above the water, there’s always more to the story. In this article, I outlined the available background information on a relatively familiar city in the New Testament, then consider a prophetic word given the church in that city. In the present context, the same factors are of interest in a consideration of story, where depth of meaning is compounded when one appreciates the rest of the story. Read on…
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- How to be Salt and Light
- Why people leave the Church From my present vantage point, the ten myths about church leavers are just that, myths that I can finally begin to understand.
- On Gay Marriage in Canada
- CT: The Emergent Mystique CT covers the emerging church
- The Cluetrain and the Evolution of a Movement Sometimes you need to jump from a movement and escape to the Cluetrain.