The question of who provides a “covering” to a ministry, a group, or an individual is one that has arisen in the church over the past years. The term “covering” refers to a “spiritual covering” and the underlying assumption to the question is of course that any ministry without a covering provided by a church, denomination, or ministry board of some variety must be somehow rogue, unsoundly-founded, in doctrinal err, experiencing unprotected exposure to the wiles of the Evil One, or at least at risk to one or more of the foregoing. A thorough consideration of this teaching on “spiritual covering” will reveal these matters to be red herrings. I have titled this article, “The Church Uncovered: A new answer to the question, ‘Who is your covering?’.”
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...