Having summarized my own journey in Part 1 of this series, I turn my focus toward an attempt to describe and further understand the Ephesians 4 ministry gifts. With reference to Len Hjalmarson‘s recent post, The Five-Fold Ministry and the Birth of New Movements I consider how the Ephesians 4 gifts can be disentangled from the heirarchical or ruling structures they have acquired in the church. What begins to emerge is a strong indication that the Ephesians 4 gifts should be prime examples of servant leadership… and that they are not connected with authority or heirarchy. I have titled the article, Servant Leadership & The Fivefold Ministries: Ephesians 4 Gifts Reconsidered.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...