Having summarized my own journey in Part 1 of this series, I turn my focus toward an attempt to describe and further understand the Ephesians 4 ministry gifts. With reference to Len Hjalmarson‘s recent post, The Five-Fold Ministry and the Birth of New Movements I consider how the Ephesians 4 gifts can be disentangled from the heirarchical or ruling structures they have acquired in the church. What begins to emerge is a strong indication that the Ephesians 4 gifts should be prime examples of servant leadership… and that they are not connected with authority or heirarchy. I have titled the article, Servant Leadership & The Fivefold Ministries: Ephesians 4 Gifts Reconsidered.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- More on the network structure for the church The fact that God can speak the same message to different people that have had no prior contact on the subject and who can then connect those threads just serves to underscore the primary point about the value of this type of network structure.
- Theology comes to the people
- Theology of Coffee
- "Is that Jesus?"