I kinda like the way this is shaping up… Dave Paisley uses Merriam-Webster for backup to further discuss the pitch for an Emergent Society…. and suggests an ant as a mascot. There is however, one looming problem with being a society, one which hasn’t been fully addressed and which could cause a further semantic and philosophical debate: a member of a society is quite typically referred to as a fellow. ;^)
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- Missional DNA... Describing Foundational Missional Concepts Good discussion going on concerning some foundational concepts for missional church, including hte place and function of the fivefold ministries (APEPT) in missional churches. To summarise the conversation....
- I'm getting a little tired...
- Communion as a Culinary Art
- Movement spurns the megachurch model
- Recap and Update: Forge and Emergent