As I seek to understand the changing wineskin of the church and to grapple with what the emerging structure looks like, I have begun a series of articles which I hope will lead to a better understanding of what type of church structure will best serve the purpose of the church and what type of leadership structure will be needed in this context. It seems appropriate to begin with something of my own journey, accompanied by notations of major influences or shifts in my thinking throughout the timeframe described. Along the way I summarize lessons learned… so far.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- More on the network structure for the church The fact that God can speak the same message to different people that have had no prior contact on the subject and who can then connect those threads just serves to underscore the primary point about the value of this type of network structure.
- Theology comes to the people
- Theology of Coffee
- "Is that Jesus?"