I hadn’t planned to blog on this issue at all, but then I noted this blog entry on the subject, which hits on a facet I haven’t heard mentioned before – but he’s got a good point. I remember reading the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms when it came to being in 1982. I don’t remember which section or clause prompted it, but I remember thinking at the time that this Charter would one day be used to defend gay marriage in Canada, which the Supreme Court of Canada said was okey-dokey as of Thursday. The thing about what Colby Cash is saying is that it has the same “thin edge of the wedge” kind of ring to it – maybe it will be a further 22 years, maybe not – but this ruling could be used to defend polygamy.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...