Christianity Today has a feature article in the November issue on the Emerging Church, subhead: “The ’emerging church’ movement has generated a lot of excitement but only a handful of congregations. Is it the wave of the future or a passing fancy?” Brian McLaren turns up saying, “‘Right now Emergent is a conversation, not a movement,’ he says. ‘We don’t have a program. We don’t have a model. I think we must begin as a conversation, then grow as a friendship, and see if a movement comes of it.'” The article is a decent read, no real early judgements from CT, but the piece gives the emerging church a careful thumbs-up.
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
- Sometimes I Doodle on 3×5 Cards: #WhenTony
In Past Years...