Most of the churches I’ve been in haven’t made much of a big deal about Advent, but it seems to me a tradition of value. Unfortunately I’ve had some difficulty figuring out how to incorporate it into my own family’s Christmas tradition. In any event, John Piper has for some years composed a new poem for each Sunday of Advent… good reading, or good listening. If you only have time for one, you might start here.
- Was Jesus Politically Correct?
- Jesus, the Fearmongers, the Conspiracy Theorists, & the New Segregationists
- The Tragedy of Trump
- Tony Jones, M. Sue Wilson, & the STFU Campaign
- Tony Jones & The New Emergent Manifesto, Part V
- Shameful Ignorance: Tony Jones & Christianity Today #CTshame
- Tony Jones & the Multiple Marriage Proposal
- Tony Jones & the New Emergent Manifesto, Part IV
In Past Years...
- More on the network structure for the church The fact that God can speak the same message to different people that have had no prior contact on the subject and who can then connect those threads just serves to underscore the primary point about the value of this type of network structure.
- Theology comes to the people
- Theology of Coffee
- "Is that Jesus?"